| PLACING A MISSING CHILD ON THE WEBSITE |
Only authorised personnel from The Smile of the Child or the Greek National Police can authorise a missing child being placed on the site.
IF YOUR CHILD IS MISSING DIAL 100 FOR THE GREEK POLICE THEN 1056 FOR THE SMILE OF THE CHILD
Ask our operators at 1056 about having your missing child’s poster placed on the website. It is not appropriate in all cases.
Find out more about the site - check our FAQs section, it includes information on case suitability and the process for getting a child on the site.
I'VE RECOGNISED A CHILD: WHAT DO I DO?
If you see a child that you believe is featured on the site, do the following:
- Phone the Police at “100” or “SOS 1056” giving details of the time, date and place you saw the child. Note descriptions of any other person (adult or child) that is with the child. Calls to police require that you leave your personal details. If you wish to make to provide an anonymous tip, call SOS 1056. Please provide the above details and we will immediately forward them to the police.
- Do not approach the child or attempt to "rescue" the child. That is for the responsibility of the police.
- If ANYTHING about the situation causes you concern that the child is in immediate danger, dial 100 and report the matter to the police.
- Please remember, the child could have been safely recovered since you saw the child on the site. Even if still missing, recovering a child needs professional expertise.
- Tell the operator that you recognise the child from the missingkids web site. This will help their investigation.